!?CHALLENGE?!

 

!?A competition?!

“CHA CHA, Hoola-hoop itch!” I woke up to the sound of a girl outside on the balcony dancing in a hoola-hoop. Wait, it was my balcony. Who is that girl? Oh, of course, it was my annoying sister Tapetha Gebbie. I told her not to go out there a billion times a day. Next thing, it’s going to be skipping itch.



    I had slept in my school clothes so I would be ready for the day and I could sleep in a bit late too. “It’s time to go to school Chakki,” that’s what I call her. Now I think of Chucky the scary little doll though she isn’t exactly as bad.

And I left, feeling more optimistic than ever that I was going to win the writing competition at school. While I’m thinking about this, I also think about why I’m so fortunate that I’m still in Year 6 with a sibling, we can tease each other and everything. There are kids out there that can’t even go to school. I shouldn’t be thinking about that now! I have no idea why but I let out a SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH, as I enter the bus as I messaged my friends.

My iPad is the only thing that keeps me connected to everyone that I had lost from my old school. My dad always said that bus routes are really long but I reached in barely a minute. (only because you were one block away from school but too lazy to walk that far.) Now that deserves a SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!

As I enter the school, I was just looking around at the posters, decoration, and even custom t-shirts that people were. I was kind of nervous, it seemed like everyone was more excited than me. […Head&Heart…], yep, believe it or not, it was our school bell song. The Grand Assembly was about to start but this time it was for the writing competition. HERE I AM!

The competitors kept failing and now I was up against the Most Feared And Dreaded, Tapetha Gebbie. This was going to be a tough one and an unfair one. She has lots of tutoring! {me trying to make sure my sister gets disqualified}.

Then as I danced like a psychopath chicken, holding the grand writing trophy. I knew I had set a record. A record no one could beat. The Noble Thing is this piece of writing.

the author listening to Young Blood!

Comments

Popular Posts