The Ooftus Tennis Match

The Ooftus Tennis Match

Image result for Tennis
Today was the day! Today was the day I was going to complete my final match until the next and higher level. Just 20 more minutes until the match begins. At 10:30 a.m. Even more exciting, it was at my usual Greystanes Tennis Court!

I was in the car, travelling to the tennis court. I knew it was going to be a good match, especially when my tennis teacher said that I was a stamina type! That was last week! Anyway, time for warm-up.

We started the boring "run around the court". We did that four times, and then practised moving around quickly! I was up against Aravia Chinn. But all the other nine balls fabulously fantastic! Unfortunately, I got out. Next match was harder but easier at the same time. It was TEAM-TIME!

Red Team (my team) had Aravia Chinn, Ria Mingelle! The Blue Team had Lawrence Chang, Ethan Chen, and Riana Chira. We missed three balls and our team got 28 points altogether! But the other team got 29 points. Our team missed by just 1 teeny tiny point.

Aravia Chinn and I got into the next advanced level! Sadly, Ria Mingelle stayed at the previous level. She actually came into the next level next week at the last match of the year!

Based on a true story.

Comments

Popular Posts