Dahl's "Boy" influenced my 'Coming of Age' Piece

 Dahl's "Boy" influenced my 'Coming of Age' Piece

Roald Dahl's autobiographical piece, "Boy" has influenced my writing in Part A heavily. One quote that contributed was from homesickness, "Homesickness is a bit like seasickness. You don't know how awful it is till you get it, and when you do, it hits you right in the top of the stomach."

Adding to my already angry self for not being able to stay at the hospital long, I felt homesickness for the first time. That urge to cry became a full-time thing at my grandparents' house, a scary place sometimes. It was after all, my first time going away from my parents, especially living away from them.

The others stayed at the hospital and I'd never been to a day care! This was what changed my perspective, especially on how and what to write it on. From a baby to boy to a young man.

Comments

Popular Posts